Monday, February 11, 2008

EN SCHMALTZ

I had a pound of chicken liver left over and decided to go ahead and make my version of chopped liver; it was either that or wash the pan, so...

Eschewing the "schmaltz" - rendered fat - called for in typical Jewish recipes - I added one thinly sliced yellow onion and cooked it over low heat until the onions wilted and took on some color. Once they started to stick, I drenched them in sherry, tilted the pan to the fire and let it ignite. Once it burned off, I added the livers and cooked them down. Some capers, Worcestershire and balsamic vinegar all went in, off the heat, at the very end.

I let it cool and then roughly pulsed it in the food processor. Sort of snacked on it all day. After having some with crackers, Katrina came into the kitchen and asked if I had farted. It doesn't smell *that* bad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home