DRIBBLE DRABBLE
Dead round here. Try taking photos of crock potted meat n three and make it sound interesting. It's not; it's life sustaining, necessary, good n easy. OK so I'm going to try and get a game terrine together this week to clear out some space in the freezer. Out come the venison backstraps and heart and liver and duck breasts and livers and bacon. Hopefully I can thaw all that shit out and assemble it, cook it, cool it, photograph it, and eat it by friday.
Going to experiment with "potted pig" in various forms too. Looking for a crock I can pot tails, trotters, belly, liver and heart in. Not as easy as I thought. If I can't find one, I'll just do a terrine, and add some aromatic veg --- a first for me. Looking forward to it.
Down the road is a potted tripe, which I've nver done but just read about in Elizabeth David. I need a goddamn crock for that too and I know there are some old spinsters out sitting on those fuckers when they need to just shuttle em off to Goodwill and let me thrift em for a fraction of thier original cost...
OK, so just a note to let any sorry bastard that checks this page semi-regularly expecting NEW CONTENT to just hold onto their jurnt, there's something beyond a query for stories re: TX BBQ. Scout's honor.
Going to experiment with "potted pig" in various forms too. Looking for a crock I can pot tails, trotters, belly, liver and heart in. Not as easy as I thought. If I can't find one, I'll just do a terrine, and add some aromatic veg --- a first for me. Looking forward to it.
Down the road is a potted tripe, which I've nver done but just read about in Elizabeth David. I need a goddamn crock for that too and I know there are some old spinsters out sitting on those fuckers when they need to just shuttle em off to Goodwill and let me thrift em for a fraction of thier original cost...
OK, so just a note to let any sorry bastard that checks this page semi-regularly expecting NEW CONTENT to just hold onto their jurnt, there's something beyond a query for stories re: TX BBQ. Scout's honor.
Labels: Blog's Not Dead Oh No

5 Comments:
I'm puttin your blog on The Trad for alternatives to holiday cooking. I'm gonna try jellied pigs feet next week. You got a killer recipe? I'm serious. Found a butcher who has them.
Jellied trotters is basically what I'm gonna do w/ potted pig, but it omits everything else and adds hamhock.
Trotters can be a real pain in the ass, as they're mostly cartlidge and skin, but they yield the gelatin you need for "potting."
I'll pot my pig next week. Stay tuned.
If I show up on The Trad I guess I'll have a Food Network show in a year or two. Maybe then I'll be able to afford something more than Black Label beer.
Hey, give me shout at the.trad@yahoo.com
I've been asked to work on something and amazingly it's a paying gig. I can throw a small amount of $ around.
you don't want a food network show, really... look what it did to Rachel Ray... your own network, now that'd be cool , aim high...
zambonesman
Always had a crush on RRay. Maybe it's the accent and the pudge. Dunno. She's the only reason to watch Food Network now that they don't show Iron Chef Japan anymore.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home