Wednesday, August 25, 2010

YA HEARD?

Anderson's Barbecue, all due respect, but I had to tweak your sandwich a bit. Slow boiled pigs ears in beer and chicken stock, garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Cooked them until they had consistency of a wet dish rag. Browned two pieces of white under the broiler, slathered on Colemans mustard, horseradish, topped it with an ear, another ear, then a ladle of chili.

Toasting the bread was key. The ears didn't pick up much more flavor from the veg, aromatics, beer, etc., but I must've cooked them longer, because they lacked the cartlige crunch I've had before. Still great, still the same porky jelly with the resistant cartlige. Skipping ketchup and plain yellow mustard was sufi wise, but the ladle of chili grew me an instant 12 ft long beard, walk on water capabiltiy, a a trio of electric blue sparrows flying concentric circles round my head.

Hot sauce for the table a must. Namaste.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home