POSTSCRIPT
Yes, that's it.
Over.
Finished.
I'm dispensing of distractions. I have a book, no, books to finish. Gonna try and knock one out before next fall.
Thanks to good guy and exceptional writer in his own right, John Tinseth, for support and gratis PR over the last few years. I gained a few readers because of him, and they've treated me well.
Ditto to Sam Sifton at the New York Times. Sifton linked to a bit I wrote about "Tony's Restaurant," which was actually the now defunct "Tillies Restaurant" in Jackson, GA. He said I "could write." I agree.
Other folks, blogs, and publications: LA Weekly, Jeff Weiss, Tim Aaron, Tony Sylvester, and Brent Cole; blogspots Main Line Sportsman, Amatourist, Brohammas, Man of the 50s, and The Trad.
I'll let you know how the books work out. Take care.
SV
Over.
Finished.
I'm dispensing of distractions. I have a book, no, books to finish. Gonna try and knock one out before next fall.
Thanks to good guy and exceptional writer in his own right, John Tinseth, for support and gratis PR over the last few years. I gained a few readers because of him, and they've treated me well.
Ditto to Sam Sifton at the New York Times. Sifton linked to a bit I wrote about "Tony's Restaurant," which was actually the now defunct "Tillies Restaurant" in Jackson, GA. He said I "could write." I agree.
Other folks, blogs, and publications: LA Weekly, Jeff Weiss, Tim Aaron, Tony Sylvester, and Brent Cole; blogspots Main Line Sportsman, Amatourist, Brohammas, Man of the 50s, and The Trad.
I'll let you know how the books work out. Take care.
SV
Labels: Blog's Dead, LA Weekly, New York Times, The Trad

11 Comments:
Dear Stewart,
Thanks for a good run. I only stumbled across your writing recently, but I went and read all the archives. I especially enjoyed the short stories, but I'm curious about getting more adventurous with my food, so thanks again. Good luck with your books.
Colin
Thanks, Colin. Happy to know you enjoyed it.
Well, I must say that this is hard to bear, though I look forward to re-delving into the archives, and am honored to be mentioned in the farewell.
Let's maintain correspondence. I'll be in Atlanta at some point this year... your drinks will be free.
All the best,
SAM
Damn...that's a bit of sad new. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and will miss the chance to read new material.
If you ever get North of the Mason-Dixon, there will be a seat in a duck blind or goose pit waiting for you. Good luck with the new venture and keep me posted via e-mail.
Thanks, guys. I'll be around. It's not like I'm going to an ashram or anything.
Probably will post some bits of the book to the site here and there. And I will take both of you up on offers of drink and ducks.
This is how you re-pay me? By buggin' out? Phukin' navy brat.
I've got work to do. Needed to cut down on the distractions.
Aww shit, as if I needed another reason to drink tonight.
You're making the right decision. If only I could make such a similarly clean amputation to my own alblogtross.
Cheers, bud. See you on the other side.
Sorry to see you go, Stew. Been followin' you since you were postin' shit on a shingle and homemade headcheese. Looking forward to reading yer books. Until then, there's always Chips and Beer. Be hailed, Brother Verk.
The old guard! Many thanks, Van Damned.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home