Monday, November 21, 2011

HOG KILLIN TIME

John Tinseth AKA "The Trad" is publishing a short story I wrote a while back about a hog killing in rural Tennessee. Part one, and a bit of an interview I did with Tinseth is here: http://thetrad.blogspot.com/2011/11/nothing-to-be-gained-here-act-i.html

Used to be that the first freeze meant hog killing time around here. Not so much anymore. Ones I witnessed were in middle GA and two of three folks that conducted them are either no longer living or have gotten too old to keep hogs.

In a time when people, at least the well-to-do, are so oddly obsessed with knowing where their food comes from, a story about the very root of the idea and its yield, gets some space on a site people actually do visit. Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amatourist said...

Stew (or Stewart... preference?). Really great to know more about you via the interview. We've got friends in Atlanta and a trip is long overdue. When we head that way I'll let you know. It'd be an honor to break bread.

November 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger GSV JR said...

When I'm in trouble, which is a lot actually, I get called "Stewart."

Yeah, c'mon. Bread, beer, beef, whatever.

November 28, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home