HAIRY TATTIES
What a fantastic name. Do I enjoy saying it or eating it more? I can't tell.
Hairy Tatties is a equal mixture of salted fish - usually ling or cod - and mashed potatoes. I used cod and seasoned the whole thing rather aggressively with black pepper, sea salt and some cayenne.
I had a tub of Hairy Tatties left over from the week and scraped some out and shaped it into a patty and fried it until it crisped.
Traditionally, the egg is hardboiled and remains in its shell. But it was breakfast time and I needed that egg fried and with a giving and runny yolk. Hangover, begone.

Hairy Tatties is a equal mixture of salted fish - usually ling or cod - and mashed potatoes. I used cod and seasoned the whole thing rather aggressively with black pepper, sea salt and some cayenne.
I had a tub of Hairy Tatties left over from the week and scraped some out and shaped it into a patty and fried it until it crisped.
Traditionally, the egg is hardboiled and remains in its shell. But it was breakfast time and I needed that egg fried and with a giving and runny yolk. Hangover, begone.
Labels: Fair England

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home