It's a pork picnic. There's a whole lot of business about the differences between picnics and shoulders and butts on BBQ forums. Some of it is interesting. Some of it isn't. But all of it's entertaining. Click the PICNIC tag below. I wrote something about it a while back.
And yeah it was perfect. Chopped it up and made sandwiches for a week. Vinegar pepper sauce, slaw, and a buttered bun.
Before I moved to the south I was unaware that BBQ sauce could be anything but tomato based. O heavens I want some mustard based or NC vinegar.... sigh.
6 Comments:
Boston Butt? Looks delicious!
It's a pork picnic. There's a whole lot of business about the differences between picnics and shoulders and butts on BBQ forums. Some of it is interesting. Some of it isn't. But all of it's entertaining. Click the PICNIC tag below. I wrote something about it a while back.
And yeah it was perfect. Chopped it up and made sandwiches for a week. Vinegar pepper sauce, slaw, and a buttered bun.
Before I moved to the south I was unaware that BBQ sauce could be anything but tomato based. O heavens I want some mustard based or NC vinegar.... sigh.
Just "found out" about Kentucky dip, too. Now I'm drinking it out of a tea glass.
I thought that was a sheep's head.
I can do that, if you like.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home