ANDOUILLE
Other than Weisswurst and Boudin Noir, my favorite sausage.
Louisiana's French Colonists gave us this gift, which is essentially the totality of the pig's gastroinestinal system bound within a casing and slowly smoked over pecan wood.
There are excellent andouille sausages availible online: Savoie's is one of the best I've had: it's earthy and unafraid of what it is supposed to be. I would steer clear of food unhappy to embrace it's own authenticity. (Seek out Comeaux's and Poche's as well.)
Andouille are so powerfully flavored that it's wise to let them do a bit of work for you. I nestled one in with a cup of North African "broken rice" and covered it up with chicken stock. Once the rice is cooked, season with salt and pepper, a splash of oil to loosen the grains.
Leftover turnips and their greens were ready to go; I tossed them with a full grain mustard and some red wine vinegar. Lunchtime.
Photo: Lunch...
Louisiana's French Colonists gave us this gift, which is essentially the totality of the pig's gastroinestinal system bound within a casing and slowly smoked over pecan wood.
There are excellent andouille sausages availible online: Savoie's is one of the best I've had: it's earthy and unafraid of what it is supposed to be. I would steer clear of food unhappy to embrace it's own authenticity. (Seek out Comeaux's and Poche's as well.)
Andouille are so powerfully flavored that it's wise to let them do a bit of work for you. I nestled one in with a cup of North African "broken rice" and covered it up with chicken stock. Once the rice is cooked, season with salt and pepper, a splash of oil to loosen the grains.
Leftover turnips and their greens were ready to go; I tossed them with a full grain mustard and some red wine vinegar. Lunchtime.
Photo: Lunch...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home